Wednesday, September 15, 2010

freedom to speak

Today I felt like I was truly under God’s wings. I pictured myself just holding onto my heavenly father’s hand as he guided me through the day, on our 10 hour drive to Pucheta which is right outside Mexico City. Do you ever have those days were you feel like you are in your own world? Today I just felt romanced By God and the Holy Spirit. I was reading through the book of Matthew today and it was as if I were one of his disciples watching him in awe. I felt like I was witnessing Jesus perform the miracles right in front of my eyes! Jesus once said “we would do greater things than he did”, and it got me thinking to what he meant? As I was reading through Matthew more it made we want to step out of my comfort box and start doing what I was called to do. Jesus commanded us saying “the kingdom of God is at hand. Heal the sick, raise the dead, and cleanse the lepers cast out demons”. He did not say be comfortable and sit back why others do it. When we say we are Christians we are disciples of Jesus Christ himself. We have the same spirit that he has living in him. We are capable of doing the same and yet many times I’ve sit back and watched! I am tired of the devil kicking my butt and I say it is time for our generation to rise up and proclaim victory. I was reading the chapter about how Jesus called his first disciples and they left their nets and fathers and immediately followed Christ. Now I am not saying we all have to go to China or sell everything, but I say wherever we are let’s bring the Kingdom of God to earth. Let’s show the workplaces, the classrooms, and churches what the kingdom of God is not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul, rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.” Jesus also gives us reassurance when he states “and if anyone does not receive nor listen to your words, shakes off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town. Truly, I say to you, it will be more bearable on the Day of Judgment for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah than that tow

No comments:

Post a Comment