Sunday, September 12, 2010

stepping out

Stepping out of the boat is never easy. I have felt like Peter eager to see what God has for me, but many times to scared to walk on the water. I have been traveling for 3 days now and about to arrive to our first outreach spot in Guadalajara. Three months ago by God’s grace I arrived in Tijuana, Mexico and today I am about to what I’ve wanted to do for a long time. You see on outreach us youth by God’s grace get to minister to a generation, and get to reach the cities of Mexico. I will admit I am anticipating coming home because I miss my family and Hillary very much! But until then I want to go out with a cry of justice. I would dearly appreciate your prayers that God’s will and not my own will prevail, and that I don’t take for granted this amazing opportunity. On this car ride I have been able to reflect upon a lot of what God has done in my life. He took a boy from Albany, Georgia and places me in the hands of my amazing parents Randy and Ann. He led me through discrimination and by his grace showed me that I am not a victim but an overcomer. God rescued me from being a brother who was hurting a brother and sister and bringing me to the point where I would lay down my life for them. I am reminded of March 24, the day my best friend went home to Jesus. During and for years after I counted all lost but now I am able to speak about Jon Mark Bonnema wherever I go. Hillary joy slagter is a girl I met and had a crush on in 5th grade. I wish I could say I was truly there for her but I was not. However 11 years later by God’s perfect timing I am able to say that I am back in her life and like I said before I hope to become her husband. I am saying all this because no matter what you been through or how much life seems hopeless. There is a God in heaven and he will never leave you nor forsake you. He commands us to be strong and take heart in in him. I know this is not always easy and very difficult to do at times but when you come to the breaking point in life, and trust me you will. There will be a loving hand extending to you and God saying “take my hand my child, I am here” I say all this because what I counted lost I now count gain and I will be able to speak about all of God’s provisions throughout my life. I want to say thank you to Randy, Ann, Beth, Caleb, Abby, and Hillary for being patient with me. I want to say thank you to all of those who have been instrumental in my life, and I honor you. I just read a page from the journal Abby wrote. Abby you said go and make you proud and don’t look back. Abby you are my best friend and you know that! I’ll keep my promise to you and whoever I come across I will love them with the same love that you show me, and Abby Jo Zimmer I honor you. God I been reading and saying this for a while now, but to you be the glory for the great things you have done! Now Heavenly father use me to impact Mexico like those in my life have impacted me.

2 comments: